Thanks to everyone for the great tips. I disassembled my switches, cleaned them out, and they seem to be working! Lets hope it lasts!
A couple of tips I'd like to add to clarify things:
1) Switches can be removed from the bezel by using two small screwdrivers. Place the screwdrivers in the two small rectaganle slots next to the switch. Pry out the switch using both screwdrivers at the same time.
2) To remove the part of the switch that you press on from the rest of the switch housing, you need to stick a small screwdriver next to the pivot point of the switch and then twist the screwdriver and then pry the switch off. I tried just prying it off and ended up breaking off on of the pivot points.
3) Once inside the switch, removing the plastic cover is no big deal and is easily done.
4) For contact cleaner, I used some stuff from RadioShack that also lubricates. I'm worried the lubrication grease they use will attract dirt, but it was the only contact cleaner I could find.
As for the concern that Del had, I don't know if I would worry about it too much. Contact cleaner is the right stuff to use and the only surface you need to worry about wearing out from non-lubrication is the pivot points for the switch. These came from the factory unlubed so I don't think it is a concern.
Grosse Pointe, Michigan USA
'91 Alfa 164S
'81 Fiat Turbo Spider